WEB DESIGN PROCESS
1. Before we can begin development on your web site we need the following from you:
• Any ideas you have about layout, colors, graphics
• Any web site address of sites that appeal to you
• All text you want on your site (submitted as a MS-WORD format (PC) or in plain text format.
• Any graphics you wish to use on your site (i.e. photos, logos, etc.) in .gif or .jpg format
Development begins only when payment has been successfully processed and the above-mentioned items have been received and reviewed. Providing us with the copy (text) for your site before we begin development helps to speed up the process. From our experience, not having your copy completed before the design process can significantly delay the production of your site, which can result in extra fees for the delay in production, as we reserve the right to close an account if we experience long waiting periods for material we need to complete the project. There is a $75 fee to re-open an account once we have closed it.
2. Development begins with a graphic representation of the site design. During this phase you can make as many revisions to the design as you wish provided within the time allowed for each package. Any extra design time needed will be charged at our standard rate of $65/hour.
3. Once the graphic representation is accepted, we begin programming the web site in HTML programming code.
4. Any subsequent changes that affect the interface design, and that would require going back to the graphic file will be charged as extra design time at our standard design rate of $65/hour.
Note: During the design phase, we can take up to 4 business days to produce the requested changes. Once we have made the requested revisions and the client has been advised, we expect the client to communicate with us within 72 hours. Communication must be consistent in order for us to meet our deadlines.
5. The final step is the testing and launch of your web site. If we are not hosting your site, either you will provide us with ftp access to upload your site files to a server or we can send you a CD-Rom with your complete site files (additional $40 fee).
The A to Z of Web Design Process